Sunday 15 May 2011

Make your own Medi-Ball - save loads of cash

With the price of medi-balls being so high, some as much as £50 they are an expesive piece of kit to aquire. I do have real medi-balls but to begin with I managed to improvise and make my own. To do this I bought a basketball from a sports shop and some play sand from Argos, I also purchased a puncture repair kit :) . It is probably obvious what I did but I will explain anyway.

First I cut a small hole in the basket ball (kids get your parents to do the cutting lol!!!!) and used a funnel to fill the basket ball with the play sand, then I used the puncture repair kit to cover over the hole that I had cut. Make sure you glue it peoperly :). This will make a fairly weighty ball so remember to be safe. If you want an accurately weighted ball then you can always fill it up with sand while on scales (like in the picture below) .I have also found smaller basket balls that are great for making lighter smaller medi-balls with.

To further challenge yourself why not fill the basket ball 1/2 full with water to make an unstable ball. Alternatively you can fill it 1/2 with sand to make it lighter. One last way to make the ball unstable is when you cut the hole in, take a balloon and push it into the basket ball keeping the hole of the balloon accessable. Then you want to fill the balloon with sand until it has a bit of weight to it, tie it off and poke the tied end into the ball, patch it and glue it over,  this will then roll around inside the basket ball and make it unstable.








As always thanks for reading, happy training, remember to stay safe, any questions drop me an e-mail NickGoreFitnessTraining@hotmail.co.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment